So I don’t know about you, but this cold weather is getting real old, real fast.
It has me fantasizing about a day by the pool in some 85 degree heat with a sweet little barbeque to enjoy😍
This has inspired me to make and post about our Fully Loaded Bacon Burgers. Yup. You read that right. Fully Loaded BACON Burgers are 100% #JayApproved.
One of my own guilty pleasures in life is a gourmet burger, so knowing that we have this recipe on hand is amazing.
Fully Loaded Bacon Burgers
- 8 Strips of Nitrate Free Bacon
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1/8 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1LB Organic Ground Beef or Turkey (or meat of your choice)
- 2 TSP Balsamic Glaze
- 1 TSP Tomato Paste
- 1/4 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1/2 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/8 Red Bell Pepper Minced
- 1 TBSP Fresh Chives Chopped
- Large Lettuce Leaves
- Sliced Organic Tomatoes
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a metal cooling rack in the center. Arrange the bacon pieces on the rack and bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Grill the sliced onion in a grill pan over medium high heat with a few drops of olive oil. Grill until tender and caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Chop 6 of the bacon strips and place in a medium bowl. Chop 1/4 cup of the grilled onions and add to the bowl. Add the almond flour, turkey, balsamic glaze, tomato paste, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, bell peppers and chives to the bowl. Mix well with your hands — it’s OK to get messy here! Form into 6 patties.
- Place the patties on your grill pan over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve your Burgers on large lettuce leaves and topped with sliced tomato and the extra grilled onions and bacon pieces. Enjoy!
Enjoy the delicious taste of summer with you and your family. Pair that Bacon Burger with a #JayApproved side of your choice and you’ve got a Summer dish ready for you to enjoy during any time of the year👌🏻
Don’t let the cold winter weather keep you from a good time with an even better meal!
Have an amazing weekend everybody!
PS Happy Week of Phase 2 for all of our Thrive Tribe Members! Let’s continue attacking the 2019 strong💪🏻
For you all who aren’t a part of the Tribe yet, it’s never too late to join! Check out the link below to check out your next opportunity to be a part of the Thrive Forever Fit Program