What the what??
“Healthy TWIX BARS?!”
I kid you not guys, this is by far the greatest recipe I’ve tried in a long time (well, that is if you’re a chocolate lover like me).
This “Rachael Good Eats” inspired recipe has got me, our Tribe, our Kids going crazy!!!
The best part of it all, there’s no “bad stuff” included that you would find in a normal Twix.
Eating healthy can be done and be done deliciously😋
Here is your guilt-free delight recipe!
**Modifications have been made to the original recipe to make it #jayapproved**
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons of Raw Coconut Nectar
- 1/2 cup almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar
- pinch sea salt
- One 2.5 oz dark chocolate bar Or sub 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Lillie’s Chocolate Chips)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine coconut + almond flours with melted coconut oil and coconut nectar in a large bowl. Stir until completely combined
- Line an 8×8 baking dish (or loaf tin for thicker layers) with parchment paper and pack down shortbread mixture into the base using a silicone spatula. Should be about 1/2 inch thick
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove once done and let cool completely.
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, coconut nectar and sea salt in a saucepan over the stove on medium-low heat and heat until completely liquified, whisking together, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from burner and let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over a saucepan for about 5 minutes until completely liquified. Sprinkle and stir in the salt.
- Once shortbread & caramel have completely cooled, pour caramel sauce over the shortbread. Spread evenly. Then let it cool in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and pour chocolate over the top, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle salt on top (optional)
- Once it’s chilled, then remove from the baking dish, and slice up into “Twix” sized bars.
- Then Enjoy! 🙂