10 Tips To Help YOU Lose Weight & Keep It Off
1. It’s a Lifestyle – Not a Diet: Diets are a short term fix and they don’t work long-term. A healthy lifestyle program will set up for sustained success.
2. Get Organized In Every Aspect of Your Life: If you are organized and structured in your everyday processes you’re eating habits will follow the same program. The old saying goes “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. Don’t let disorganization be your downfall. Make a plan and stick to it!
3. Eat Small Meals: We (Americans) Are Over Served and Under Nourished. Eating small clean and healthy meals will allow your metabolism to function at top speed and you will burn more calories through the day.
4. Lose the mindset That You Have to Clean Your Plate: It’s not 1980 and you don’t have to clean your plate before you can go outside and play. That is old school thinking. Learn to stop eating when you are satisfied, even if that means leaving food on your plate. This will help you take control of compulsive and over eating.
5. Stop Depriving Yourself: I don’t believe in depravation diets. They lead to binge eating and poor eating habits. If you nourish yourself throughout the day with high quality nutrient dense foods you will never feel deprived.
6. Enjoy the Process of Eating: Create a system around your meals. Make the preparation and consumption of food an enjoyable process. Stop eating on the run, eating in your car as you drive or eating as fast as you can so that you can get back to work. This will decrease the likelihood overeating.
7. Eat Slowly: It’s not a race! Eating slowly and actually chewing your food. You will feel full and satisfied before you reach the point of “I ate too much”.
8. Treat Food as Gift: Food is one of life’s greatest pleasures and it should be viewed as such. Food is not punishment and any negative thoughts you have surrounding food need to be addressed so that you can move forward with a healthy relationship with food.
9. Get Off the Couch: Exercise is essential to losing weight and feeling great. You don’t have to run a marathon, but you do have to get that body moving!
10. Sleep Is Very Important: Sleep can make or break your weight loss success. Structuring your sleep patterns will help to regulate your metabolism. Try to get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.
Make sure you are following me on Facebook! This is a great way to get free nutrition and fitness tips. www.facebook.com/NixonElite
Healthy and Happiness,