My 5 Rules For Enjoying A Cheat Meal
Yes, even I cheat from time to time! Above you will see a picture of my favorite cheat meal. Nachos!
The cheat meal does a few positive things for you.
First, it keeps you sane and diminishes the feeling of always being deprived.
Secondly, having an occasional cheat meal can actually boost your metabolism. The cheat meal will force your metabolism to work hard to burn the unusual spike in calories from foods it is not used to. It’s like shocking your system with a new workout.
Lastly, having an occasional cheat meal keeps you from developing a negative relationship with food. Knowing that foods are no off limits or forbidden will help you maintain a healthy relationship with food and help you to stay on your healthy lifestyle plan.
I have 5 rules that I use for enjoying a cheat meal. Check them out below and use them to enjoy your cheat meal to its maximum potential.
1. Enjoy It: Your cheat meal should be 100% guilt free.
2. Plan It: Planning your cheat meal will ensure that you eat something amazing. This step is crucial to maximizing you cheat meal. I hear people say all the time, “I wish I would have had _____” instead. Don’t let this happen to you. If you’re going to eat a hamburger for cheat meal make sure it is your favorite burger from your favorite spot. Don’t waste it on a half ass hamburger.
3. Stay In Control: You don’t have to eat to whole thing. Say that out loud. I don’t have to eat the whole thing! Enjoy your cheat meal until you are full and then stop. If you feel like you have to stuff yourself until you almost puke, then we have some mindset work to do around your relationship with food.
4. Get Back On Your Plan: Don’t allow this cheat meal to turn into a cheat day, week or month. Enjoy your meal and then get back to being healthy.
5. Get Moving: If you know you are going to have a cheat meal, get moving. Working out on your cheat meal day will help you not feel like such a slug after you consume all those extra calories.
Make sure you are following me on Facebook! This is a great way to get free nutrition and fitness tips. www.facebook.com/NixonElite
Healthy and Happiness,