Are you tired of taking insulin pills and injections for maintaining your blood sugar levels? Have you ever thought about the health advantages that can be derived from the consumption of food supplements? If not, think about it! The transition to the diabetic lifestyle will be much easier.
Diabetes is one of the most prevalent chronic diseases in the world. It prevents the body from using glucose in our food for taking care of its energy needs. This glucose gets accumulated in our blood, thereby risking the well-being of our heart, eyes, kidneys and nerves.
Nutritional Supplements for Diabetics
Recent researches carried out by food industries and health experts conclude that herbal supplements such as bitter melon, goat’s rue, nopal cactus, fenugreek, bilberry, gurmar, onions and garlic are quite effective in lowering the blood glucose level, thereby helping the patients to undergo less treatment distress.
Diabetics must be always cautious about the source of their calorie intake. Non starchy veggies, skimmed milk, lean chicken, high fiber fruits and low glycemic food products are smart choices for an informed diabetic. Oil low in saturated fats content should be preferred. It had been proved that a balanced diabetic diet contains some important nutrients and useful supplements to help control dancing blood sugar. Let’s see few useful diabetic nutritional supplements we receive from our food, and their action in controlling diabetes.
- Biotin – It helps the body in metabolizing carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Vitamin C – It prevents sugar from getting attached to proteins. Insulin deficiency hinders effective metabolism and transport of Vitamin C, making its increased intake all the more important.
- Chromium – It aids the metabolism of glucose. It is most effective if consumed as niacin.
- Vitamin E – It helps in improving insulin sensitivity.
- Magnesium – It helps in lowering blood pressure and reducing heart-attack risks by relaxing the muscle tissues.
- CLA – It helps in protecting cells from becoming diabetic or getting damaged by atherosclerosis, colon cancer and chronic inflammation.
- Omega 3 and Alpha Lipoic Acids – They are effective building blocks and anti-oxidants respectively. They reduce the risks associated with nerve damages by aiding balancing of blood sugar.
- Vitamin B6 – It helps in preventing neuropathy.
- Vitamin D – It helps in reducing insulin resistance and averting the risks of cataract.
- Zinc – It helps in improving the action of insulin.
Diabetics have greater needs of nutritional supplements for fulfilling the antioxidant and metabolic requirements of the body. Design your food intake as per the above necessities and living the diabetic lifestyle will be a much easier road to travel upon.
We Recommend using Elite Red twice per day.