The Fad Will Lead You Back To Fat
In this episode, I will discuss why the transition from fad diet to a sustainable lifestyle is harder than you think ~ the evidence proves this to be true.
Click HERE to LISTEN to Episode 74
Click HERE to WATCH Episode 74
Power Takeaways From This Episode:
1. The hottest fad in the “diet” world is the Ketogenic diet ~ everyone is doing it, trying it, or going to do it ~ companies have shifted their entire product lines to Keto Approved, Keto Friendly, or Keto something. Even Fitness and Nutrition coaches without a strong foundation in long-term results are jumping on the Keto bandwagon in droves too.
2. The Keto diet is basically the Atkins diet on Extreme ~ One key difference between the keto diet, and Atkins is the amount of protein you’re allowed to take in. There’s no cap on Atkins, while keto limits protein to about 20 percent of your daily calories. On Atkins, you eventually reintroduce carbs, but on keto, carbs are always limited.
3. The bottom line for both Keto, Atkins, and all the other hack and quick-fix diets is that they eventually fail ~ PERIOD. If you don’t believe me write down today’s day and set yourself a reminder to send an ‘FU Jay” note to me in one year if you’re still rocking keto and having success ~ no breaks, no fall off the wagons, no trying something else you read on the internet.
4. ALL Deprivation and Extreme diets will eventually fail.
5. Outside of the un-sustainability of eating 70% of your calories from fat, 20% from protein, and 10% from carbs for the rest of your life, there are some health reasons why these yo-yo fad diets eventually lead you back to being FAT.
6. How the Fad Yo-Yo rollercoaster you’ve been on for years has your metabolic rate jacked up ~ your body has ZERO clue what the hell you’re doing, and it doesn’t trust you to make good decisions anymore, so it starts to shut down ~ slowly can you blame it?
7. Why your cortisol levels being out of wack is affecting your adrenals and how prolonged increases in cortisol output can lead to adrenal dysfunction resulting in chronic fatigue, thyroid imbalances, depression, anxiety, poor sleep, and a slew of other health issues.
8. How your thyroid hormones going wild leads to weight gain.
9. How a testosterone drop puts women at even more of a disadvantage when dieting considering the already lower levels of testosterone levels (in comparison to men) making muscle building or maintenance, and therefore fat loss, more of a challenge.
10. The bottom line is this guys ~ stop the fad, quick-fix gimmicks and create a nutritional lifestyle plan that is sustainable and manageable forever.
11. One of the MAIN differences in my Thrive Forever Fit program compared to all the other hacks you find on the internet and in your local fitness studios.
12. It’s not because these people don’t care, they just care more about making money than they do helping you long-term.
13. My program ~ my biz ~ my podcast is called Thrive FOREVER FIT for a reason ~ my goal is to help you create a life that keeps you forever fit.
If you like more information, tips, and strategies to gain mindset mastery, join my FREE Facebook group.
Join the FREE ~ Wellness Lab Launch Pad ~ on Facebook if you’d like to connect with me and receive more tips, strategies, and information about living your best life.
Thanks for listening to the Thrive Forever Fit Show!
Health and Happiness,