When you think of a summer barbeque, your mind probably goes straight to a plate full of hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, coleslaw, fruit salad, and to top it all off, ice cream.
Let’s be honest, you’re probably holding a beer one hand too right?
“Of course, it’s summer.”
Okay, but what if we were able to give you a different #JayApproved barbecue plate that you can enjoy with friends and family?
Did we mention it even includes a cocktail?😱
Just in time for Memorial Day weekend here’s an entire plate for you to enjoy.
Memorial Day Mayhem BBQ
- 2 lb. Pork Roast
- 1 Can of Green Chili
- 1 Small Onion Sliced
- 1 Can Diced, Peeled tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Chopped Tomato, Cilantro, Green Onion
- Place all ingredients in a crock-pot, set on low and cook for 7 hours. **Makes 4 servings**
Apple Cider Coleslaw
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3-4 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 TSP Ground Mustard Seed
- 1/8 TSP Whole Cumin Seed
- 1/4 TSP Celery Seed
- 1/8 TSP Poppy Seed
- 1/4 TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt (optional)
- 1 TSP Raw Honey (optional)
- 1 Small Red or Green Cabbage (or 1/2 of each)
- 2 Cups Shredded Kale
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except cabbage and kale to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Finely shred cabbage and kale and put in large bowl.
- Add the dressing to cabbage and mix thoroughly.
Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator overnight for more flavor.
Cucumber-Mint Vodka Collins
- 2 Ounces of Cucumber Vodka
- 5 Ounces of Club Soda
- 2 Cucumber Slices
- 8 Mint Leaves
- 1 Sliced Jalapeño
- Muddle the cucumber and mint in a highball glass.
- Fill a collins glass with crushed ice.
- Add the vodka and club soda.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with jalapeño slice for a little kick.
Be mindful and treat your body right during this summer season!
Thrive Forever Fit Team
P.S. Phase 4 of 2019 of our award-winning transformation program began on May the 7th. But if you’re interested in wanting to join or gain more information click on the link below!
We’d LOVE to help you on your success journey.