What am I doing when I’m not swinging kettlebells or programming workouts?
Baking of course. 😃
That’s right, I bake.
Go ahead and get a chuckle or two out of the way before you read about the BEST tasting protein cookie ever created.
My goal in the kitchen is to make food that tastes amazing but is still healthy for your body.
And since the #1 request I get is for healthy dessert ideas I decided to spend some time creating this tasty recipe.
The BEST part is that it only has five ingredients and only take about 15 minutes to make.
I KNOW you’re gonna love it!
Thrive Almond Jay Cookie
1. One 8 ounce bag of Organic Coconut shredded coconuts flakes (Trader Joe’s)
2. One 9 ounces bag of Lily’s dark chocolate chips – no sugar added (Whole Foods)
3. 3/4 cup of sliced raw almonds (Trader Joe’s)
4. One 14 ounce can of heavy coconut cream (Trader Joe’s)
5. Two scoops of sfh vanilla protein powder (Thrive Fitness Studio or online at www.sfh.com – use VIP discount code: NIXON
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
3. In a large bowl combine coconut flakes, chocolate chips, almonds, sfh protein powder and heavy coconut cream
4. Stir until combined
5. Scoop out the dough with a cookie scoop onto the prepared baking sheet
6. Moisten the tips of your fingers with water and shape until round – then pat the tops to flatten
7. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until the tips of the coconut are just starting to turn golden brown
8. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet
9. Store cookies in an airtight container – I like to keep mine in the refrigerator
This recipe makes 40 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Fat: 8 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sugar: .6 gram (less than a gram of sugar)
Erythritol: 1 gram
Net Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Protein: 3 grams
**To increase the amount of protein per cookie – add an extra scoop or more to the recipe**
Modification to make these delicious treats “nut free” – simply replace the 3/4 cup of sliced raw almonds with 1 Cup of Organic Hemp Hearts. I use the Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods brand.
After you make these, please post a picture on Facebook and Instagram telling me what you think. Use the #jayapproved
My Instagram: Jay Nixon – Thrive Fitness Instagram
My Facebook: Jay Nixon – Thrive Fitness Facebook
Happy baking – Jay